I am still writing. I have a bank of stories that I’m going to release after the Match about everything that has happened over the last two years. With all my free time since ignoring the internets, I’ve been able to do other fun things. This is one of them. Also, this is my face and my voice.
As far as the cube goes, I bought one in November of 2007 and went to Lars Petraus’ website.
- Step 1 – Build a 2x2x2 corner
- Step 2 – Expand to 2x2x3
- Step 3 – Twist the edges (I use one algorithm from this)
- Step 4 – Finish 2 layers (I use one algorithm from this)
- Step 5 – Position the corners (I use one algorithm from this)
- Step 6 – Twist the corners (I use three algorithms from this)
- Step 7 – Position the edges (I use one algorithm from this)
It took my about two days to figure out my first solve (basically following the website move for move). It was another week before I could solve it without looking at my cheat sheet of written algorithms. Another week before I was sub-5 minutes. A week later it was 3 minutes. I spent about a month hovering around 90 seconds and have been stuck at 45-60 seconds for the past three months without any real improvement.
I have no plans to solve it blindfolded, but appreciate all the people that tell me they won’t be impressed until that happens. You people suck.
Don’t let the books swallow you, topher.